The Bar Manager will be responsible for overseeing daily operations of the bar including but not limited to guest satisfaction, management of bar team, cocktail batching and production. The manager will work to ensure that QED standards of service are met and create memorable experiences in our bar spaces. The manager will be responsible for hiring, training, and overseeing development of bar team, as well as provide training for all staff on the beverage program(s).
· Supervise operation of Hot Tin and Bayou Bar to maximize profitability, minimize legal liability, and conform to alcoholic beverage regulations.
· Contribute to R&D for menu development and execute seasonal beverage updates for multiple outlets
· Oversee creation of custom bar menus for Banquets as well as set up and execution
· Work with Director of Food and Beverage and Executive Chef to plan any liquor activations within the spaces.
· Coordinate with Director of Food & Beverage and Executive Chef on tools or items needed for the bar/floor to operate day to day.
· Investigate and resolve complaints concerning beverage/food quality or service.
· Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance for department.
· Ensure all fresh juices and products are being stored properly, labeled, and FIFO procedures are being followed.
· Perform other general floor management duties as assigned.
· Follow and ensure compliance of all QED policies and standard operating procedures as outlined in Employee Handbook.
Administrative and Financial
· Oversee and manage labor vs sales for all staff.
· Work to continuously improve cost control measures relating to the beverage program by monitoring purchasing procedures, ensuring accurate inventory when placing orders and managing deadstock items already in house and review sales of menu items each week.
· Participate in beverage inventory each month and ensure accurate counting and data entry. Coordinate with sommelier to ensure beverage inventory is merged, complete, and turned in on time.
· Coordinate monthly beverage education and training with Director of Food and Beverage.
· Develop Beverage/Food training for staff on menu items, new product and refreshing knowledge.
· Oversee bartender schedule including hiring, training, team meetings and requests off to make sure all operations are appropriately staffed for volume of business.
· Maintain real time tracking of beverage cost via invoice and sales entry into Beverage Trackers
Required: College degree or equivalent experience is required. Strong communication, supervisory and organizational skills and computer literacy are required. Must have five years experience in the field of food and beverage.
Preferred: Strong background in bar management, including high volume establishments and experience with craft cocktail programs.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the restaurant. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must have a manual dexterity and coordination to operate restaurant and office equipment and machines. Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations. Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
2031 Saint Charles Ave
New Orleans LA 70130
About Hot Tin:
Once a penthouse, today the space has been converted into an intimate rooftop bar where champagne and bright cocktails complement the 270-degree view of Downtown New Orleans and the Mississippi River. Modeled after a 1940s artist's loft, the interior space is both airy and eclectic, a place where you can lounge on couches or explore the wall of curios and knick-knacks that bring moments past into the present. Glass accordion doors open onto the balcony, showcasing the incomparable view of Downtown, while a second, more secluded terrace offers a bird's-eye view of Saint Charles Avenue.
About The Bayou Bar:
The Bayou Bar, where the New Orleans Saints football franchise was christened in 1966, offers a casual tavern-style ambiance. Once a drinking den for both Sinatra and Capote, the Bayou Bar honors its past with a robust whiskey list, live music on the weekends and excellent bar food. The Bayou Bar is also the service bar for popular dining destination Jack Rose restaurant and its lounge area.